October 20, 2007

Sushi from scratch


Girls night last night was a damn good time. We made sushi and Saki margaritas! Mmm mmmm good. I've had Saki before and didn't really like it; margaritas are usually not my favorite thing to drink either - tequila is meant to be drank in shots with the purpose of getting a) drunk or b) your drunken friends off your back and stopping the squeals of "Come on! Just do one!" (in other words giving in to peer pressure). BUT replacing tequila with Saki in margaritas makes one phenomenal drink! I really, really, really liked them! We used a bottle of margarita mix, a bottle of Saki and crushed ice - super simple.

The sushi was delicious and way easier to make than I thought it would be. Tina waited for us to arrive to make it so that I could see how it was done. It was time consuming but simple and I'll definitely be creating my own at home - lunches are going to become way more interesting. Yum!

We made a variety of rolls using the following ingredients in different combos:
rice (obviously)
crab
smoked salmon
baked salmon (yum!)
red peppers
cucumber
avocado
cream cheese with wasabi

Absolutely delicious!

No comments: