November 26, 2007

Eat, Pray, Love


2+ thumbs up. Made me want to travel to Italy to stuff my face, head to India to find my spiritual side and then to Bali to sop up some relaxation and sunshine. The way Elizabeth Gilbert broke her story into tiny tidbits made it perfect for consumption. This is one of the few books I've read that I thoroughly enjoyed but did not read for hours on end. I read a few short segments at a time and and then set it down, giving myself time to absorb the content. Gilbert is funny and straightforward. She talked about her spiritual journey but didn't make me roll my eyes or gag. Sometimes I think people explain their 'personal' spiritual position in a way that they suspect their church/priest/minister/mother would expect or want them to - this has never made much sense to me. I would highly suggest putting your name on the library waiting list for this puppy; it's worth the wait.

No comments: