January 15, 2009

Brilliant!

Yesterday I ranted and today I will rave. Last night Mike and I watched a special on the most amazing young man: Stephen Wiltshire. Stephen is a brilliant artist who happens to be autistic; when I say brilliant artist I mean brilliant.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about Stephen's art all day; while out for lunch with Mike I was thinking again about the phenomenal talent Stephen has for drawing from memory (he has been referred to as a human camera) when Mike blurted out: I can't stop thinking about that artist. My point is, this young man is worthy of awe... maybe you have heard of him over the years but Mike and I hadn't.

We have every intention of purchasing a copy of one of Stephen's prints down the road and had no trouble agreeing on the panorama of England which the filming of the documentary circled around.


Grab yourself a glass of vino and be prepared to let your jaw drop. The video is 40 minutes but well worth the time. I think it would be impossible for you to watch this and not be impressed. Let me know what you think!

No comments: