January 1, 2009

Rocking In 2009!

Hard to believe another year has bit the dust. I just read this post which made me laugh, my new years resolution for 2008 was to talk less and listen more. I think I managed to listen more but the talking less bit... well that's just a silly resolution for someone who rarely closes her mouth.

We brought in the new year with some of our closest friends, I have no clue what they were doing in the picture above but it was snapped just after hugs and cheers. Unfortunately a few of our regulars were unable to join us: Moscow, Germany, Vancouver, cruise ships and work commitments kept them from us. Not here in body but certainly here in spirit. We missed you ladies!

That's a post-spaghetti and pre-gin glow you see on our faces here. We filled our bellies with lots of carbs to ensure there was a good base for alcohol absorption - no hangover here thank you very much.

A good deal of our dinner conversation revolved around profanity and the many marvelous ways nasty words can be used in our day to day lives: enlightening.

Of course I brought in the new year with the love of my life at my side.

My new years resolutions for this year:
1) healthy living: be more active and eat more fruits & veggies (I didn't bother with this resolution last year because I knew I would FAIL but I'm serious about it this year so I'm putting it in writing)
2) curse less
3) call/email/skype my out of province girlfriends more often

I'm now part of a girl band with the uber classy name the Magina Vonologues. Don't ask.
Guitar Hero rocks.

How was YOUR New Years Eve? Happy recovering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next year we're coming to your place! The girl band photos killed me. What song were you singing exactly?

We went to a heated shop party at D's uncle's! Live band, square dancin', lots of food, and we were the youngest people there. Yee ha!

Anonymous said...

I think I was singing "Eye of the Tiger" in this shot. Funny stuff.

Wow! Live band, square dancin' and food?! How can you beat that?! Well, you could have brought Guitar Hero along and created your own girl band... maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

Hey J!Love the pics. Glad your NYE was a good one.