October 14, 2009

Golden Eggs

I have been having the strangest dreams lately....

Last week I dreamt that my nephew Gabriel and I were on a scavenger hunt. We were riding our bikes until I jumped off of mine to run instead, Gabriel followed. I yelled to him that it would be faster if I carried him and my ten year old nephew lept into my arms and turned into a toddler (still Gabriel but a 1 1/2 year old).

photo credit Michael's Photos!

We ran into a cement room and in the middle of the room was a floor to ceiling cage. I ran around the room hunting for the egg until I glanced up and noticed Gabriel standing very close to the cage. I yelled to him telling him to move away from the cage and at that same moment a large monkey sitting in a tree inside of the cage reached through the bars and dropped a beautiful golden marbled egg into tiny Gabriel's hand.

credit by floridapfe

It was such a strange dream and I can still picture it clearly in my mind. Why in the world did I dream of a monkey, Gabriel and a golden egg?! This is one I'll definitely have to look up!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

Eggs are symbols of fertility my dear! Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Gingham Skies said...

Fingers crossed, it certainly would be nice if my dreams are predicting things to come!! :)