January 14, 2010

Smidge, what are you?!

Photo credit: Julianol

I had another dream about Smidge last week that I forgot to write down. My dreams are so vivid I actually remember them weeks later now which is unusual for me but I'm chalking it up to pregnancy: one of the weird and wonderful things that comes along with growing a person in my belly.

The dream took place at the King & University Ultrasound place. It started off with Mike and I walking into the room where the ultrasound happens, as we walked in the technician turned around and snapped at Mike telling him he had to wait outside until she called him in. Mike left and I was turning back towards the technician when I spotted my friend Lori standing off to the side, she stepped over to stand beside me and the tech said nothing. There was another woman and a little girl in the corner of the room watching us, and I felt like I recognized them from the waiting room but I wasn't entirely sure.

Anyways the technician started pressing buttons on the ultrasound machine while I stood in front of the door and pictures started popping up on the screen. There were five photos on the screen one below the other and each photo was a different angled ultrasound shot of a tiny... penis! Hehe Yes, another boy dream. Lori and I looked at each other and said at the same time "It's a penis!". What the?! I dunno, I'm just telling you what happened.

The technician then left the room and brought Mike in, Lori left and the woman and child stayed tucked away in the corner of the room. It was just at this point in the dream that I actually laid down on the table and went through the typical procedure. Mike and I watched the baby moving around in my belly and then again those penis shots appeared.

Bizarre but true!! Now that I'm writing the dream down I am really curious about the woman and child in the corner... maybe Smidge is actually a girl and the little girl in the corner was a grown up version of Smidge watching a future ultrasound of a little brother?! Hmmmm... who knows!

Photo credit: Mattack

I'm sure my new wonderings have a lot to do with the fact that I had a dream about a girl baby last night for the first time. It was a terribly long and bizarre dream that ended with me on a hospital bed. I had been in the hospital for a few days and next to me was the sweetest little baby girl. Mike was sitting next to us grinning. The impression I got was that this was our new baby but she was awfully big for an infant and was laying on her belly creeping along the mattress with her head held high. Now I know Smidge is going to be a very advanced BRILLIANT child but creeping and holding his/her head up at a few days old? Anyways the funny part of the dream was that my cousin Connie came in (in a hospital bed too) and asked what we named her. I told her that we hadn't chosen a name yet because we wouldn't know whether Smidge was a boy or a girl until the 29th. Ooooookay.

A boy or a girl? That is THE question. I was very sure we were having a boy but now I'm starting to waiver... probably because I don't want to be wrong.

There are sewing machines shaking and knitting needles itching to start click clacking away... just two more weeks until we find out!! I can't wait! Remember to cast a vote over on the right hand side of the screen.

No comments: